[ITK-users] Location of 4-connected voxels with a specific intensity

Mirco Serra mirco9091 at hotmail.it
Thu May 15 13:42:35 EDT 2014

Great, thank you very much indeed!!
Subject: Re: [ITK-users] Location of 4-connected voxels with a specific intensity
From: blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 13:25:19 -0400
CC: insight-users at itk.org
To: mirco9091 at hotmail.it

Hello,
I am suggesting using a cross structuring element, which has the same topology as the 4-connected neighborhood. The output of gray scale dilation is the maximum value of the pixels contained in the structuring element at a location. There are plenty of textbooks and website which provide a more in depth description of grayscale morphology if you need further information.
SimpleITK's python binding may be a good tool to interactively explore how to combine some of these filters to get your desired results.

Hope that helps,Brad
On May 15, 2014, at 1:15 PM, Mirco Serra <mirco9091 at hotmail.it> wrote:Hello Bradley,thanks again for your help. Just to make sure, you are suggesting I use use the itkGrayScaleDilateImageFilter with a binary ball structuring element of radius 1 followed by a itkThresholdImageFilter. Is that correct? How is the dilation helping find the 4-connected voxels that share the intensity property?

Many many thanks,Mirco