[ITK-users] Finding 4 neighbors of a label object‏

Niels Gerkien nielsgerkien80 at outlook.com
Wed May 21 08:01:18 EDT 2014

Hello everybody,
I would need your help on one thing. I have a 3D binary image coming from a binary thresholding. Now, considering the set of four-connected voxels, I need to find all the voxels that do not belong to these sets, but are 4-neighbors of a voxel belonging to this set. I also need to do it for different images obtained using different thresholds in the binary thresholding. Do you know if there is a fast way to do so? I tried creating a label map and then looking for all the voxels that do not belong to a label object and are next to a label voxel, but it takes a really long time. Especially for thresholds that give me many label objects.
I really appreciate your help!!
Niels