[ITK-users] SimpleITK Downsampling results in blank image

Jameson Merkow jmerkow at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 14:52:05 EST 2014

> BUG: you should also scale the origin.

I guess this is whats confusing. The origin should be the same (or very
close due to spacing changes).  I am resampling and updating the spacing to
be the inverse of the scale. The new image should have the same physical
dimensions, but sampled at a different scale (fewer or greater number of
voxels).

Its possible that I am using ResampleImageFilter wrong. Think the
ShrinkImageFilter or ExpandImageFilter with non-integer values.
If I do the equivalent operation with Shrink/Expand, the origin, spacing
and size end up the same as what I calculate for the resample image filter,
but the image comes out blank.

-Jameson