[ITK-users] GPU Implementation

Xiaopeng Yang yxp233 at postech.ac.kr
Tue Nov 25 22:03:49 EST 2014

Hi Michael,

I also had the same errors while building my GPU registration program. Have
you solved the problems? I guess the error was caused by improper setting in
CMakeLists.txt file, but I could not find any CMakeLists.txt sample
regarding GPU implementation in ITK. I doubt whether there are users using
this GPU module or not.

Best regards,
Xiaopeng Yang

This is the question you raised:

I am trying to implement the GPU demons registration algorithm, but I have
been having difficulty getting the program to compile.  I believe the errors
are because it cannot find the OpenCL library correctly, but I'm not sure
how to fix it.

I am using a NVIDIA Quadro FX 570 and am currently using OpenCL through the
CUDA Computing Toolkit 4.2.  My cmake file is attached, but I have had to
manually enter in the directory locations to CMake because I have not been
able to find a FindOpenCL.cmake file that works correctly.  My operating
system is Windows 7 x64.

I am able to compile ITK after generating it in CMake with manually linked
directories and Itk_Use_Gpu checked, but I have not been able to compile my
program without getting errors, which are listed at the bottom.

Does anyone have suggestions as to how to fix this?

Best regards,
Michael Pinkert

2>registrationFunctions.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"public: static char const * __cdecl
itk::GPUPDEDeformableRegistrationFilterKernel::GetOpenCLSource(void)"
(?GetOpenCLSource at GPUPDEDeformableRegistrationFilterKernel@itk@@SAPEBDXZ)
referenced in function "public: static char const * __cdecl
itk::GPUPDEDeformableRegistrationFilter<class itk::GPUImage<float,3>,class
itk::GPUImage<float,3>,class itk::GPUImage<class
itk::Vector<float,3>,3>,class itk::DemonsRegistrationFilter<class
itk::GPUImage<float,3>,class itk::GPUImage<float,3>,class
itk::GPUImage<class itk::Vector<float,3>,3> > >::GetOpenCLSource(void)"
(?GetOpenCLSource@?$GPUPDEDeformableRegistrationFilter at V?$GPUImage at M$02 at itk@
@V12 at V?$GPUImage at V?$Vector at M$02 at itk@@$02 at 2@V?$DemonsRegistrationFilter at V?$GP
UImage at M$02 at itk@@V12 at V?$GPUImage at V?$Vector at M$02 at itk@@$02 at 2@@2@@itk@@SAPEBDXZ
)

2>registrationFunctions.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"public: static char const * __cdecl
itk::GPUDemonsRegistrationFunctionKernel::GetOpenCLSource(void)"
(?GetOpenCLSource at GPUDemonsRegistrationFunctionKernel@itk@@SAPEBDXZ)
referenced in function "public: static char const * __cdecl
itk::GPUDemonsRegistrationFunction<class itk::GPUImage<float,3>,class
(?GetOpenCLSource@?$GPUDemonsRegistrationFunction at V?$GPUImage at M$02 at itk@@V12@
V?$GPUImage at V?$Vector at M$02 at itk@@$02 at 2@@itk@@SAPEBDXZ)