[ITK-users] Future of WrapITK

michkapopoff at gmail.com michkapopoff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 10:39:33 EST 2014

Hi

we have been working on Wrapping so the development is going on.
Some small improvements were made for ITK 4.7.

I ported most of the code to Python3, but we have still an error which we have been working on, but is tricky to tackle.
I hope to get this done for ITK 4.8, and it will need some testing.

Fixing the problem for Clang is also under way, I don’t know how much resources we can put in it but I am hoping also for ITK 4.8, though I can not
promise anything here.

If you really need ITK wrappings on OS X, you can try my ITK binaries for homebrew: https://github.com/iMichka/homebrew-MacVTKITKPythonBottles <https://github.com/iMichka/homebrew-MacVTKITKPythonBottles>
(Please open a ticket on the github page if you have any trouble with these binaries).

If you would like to help, there are a lot of things to do on the wrapping code.
(Writing examples for the ITK examples website is a good way to start with).

For SimpleITK vs Wrapping, it all depends on what image types you want to analyse, and what filters you want to use.

Michka