[ITK-users] RegistrationParameterScalesFromPhysicalShif and itkVersorRigid3DTransform

Gabriel A. Giménez gabrielgimenez85 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 19:51:39 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,

I modified the example 8 for use OnePlusOneEvolutionaryOptimizer and
itkMattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric, this worked for me. Now, i try
to use itkRegistrationParameterScalesFromPhysicalShift for to estimate the
parameters of scale. I adapted my code to use the ITKv4, but, but I have
this error:

*Optimizer stop condition: OnePlusOneEvolutionaryOptimizerv4: Fnorm
(0.000777958) is less than Epsilon (1 at iteration #0*

I found almost no documentation of ITK version 4, why ?In Manuals not found
anything.

This is the part of code to configure the estimation scale (based on
examples found in the DoxyGen):

      typedef itk::RegistrationParameterScalesFromPhysicalShift<MetricType>
ScalesEstimatorType;
      ScalesEstimatorType::Pointer scalesEstimator =
ScalesEstimatorType::New();
      scalesEstimator->SetMetric( metric );
      scalesEstimator->SetTransformForward( true );
      scalesEstimator->SetSmallParameterVariation( 1.0 );

      optimizer->SetScalesEstimator( scalesEstimator );
      optimizer->SetDoEstimateScales(true);

Hopefully someone can help me with something, thanks.