[ITK-users] using simpleITK with anaconda python distribution

Vishwa vishwanath.somashekar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 22:55:20 EDT 2014

Thanks for getting back to me.. I am not sure how to use the build.sh. Am i
to create those variables mentioned in that file?

In the previous mail, I forgot to mention after I compiled, I tried what
you suggest here

cd ${BUILD_DIR}/SimpleITK-build/Wrapping
${PYTHON} PythonPackage/setup.py install

The last few lines of the output is shown below

Installed
/Users/dagarshali/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/SimpleITK-0.9.0.dev584-py2.7-macosx-10.5-x86_64.egg

Processing dependencies for SimpleITK==0.9.0.dev584

Finished processing dependencies for SimpleITK==0.9.0.dev584

However, when i import simple itk in python,

import SimpleITK as sitk

Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

Abort trap: 6