[ITK-users] Fwd: using simpleITK with anaconda python distribution

Vishwa vishwanath.somashekar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 13:06:10 EDT 2014

Hi All,
I think python PythonPackage/setup.py installed wasn't in the location that
the recipe calls for. I manually went to the location and ran the command.
It was in the following folder

/Users/dagarshali/anaconda/conda-bld/work/build/SimpleITK-build/Wrapping

After that when I checked for simpleITK in
/Users/dagarshali/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages, I found

/Users/dagarshali/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/SimpleITK-0.8.0.post29-py2.7-macosx-10.5-x86_64.egg/SimpleITK

Now, when I try to import simpleitk, i get an error which is shown below.

>>> import SimpleITK as sitk

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>

  File
"/Users/dagarshali/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/SimpleITK-0.8.0.post29-py2.7-macosx-10.5-x86_64.egg/SimpleITK/__init__.py",
line 1, in <module>

    from .SimpleITK import *

  File
"/Users/dagarshali/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/SimpleITK-0.8.0.post29-py2.7-macosx-10.5-x86_64.egg/SimpleITK/SimpleITK.py",
line 28, in <module>

    _SimpleITK = swig_import_helper()

  File
"/Users/dagarshali/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/SimpleITK-0.8.0.post29-py2.7-macosx-10.5-x86_64.egg/SimpleITK/SimpleITK.py",
line 24, in swig_import_helper

    _mod = imp.load_module('_SimpleITK', fp, pathname, description)

ImportError:
dlopen(/Users/dagarshali/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/SimpleITK-0.8.0.post29-py2.7-macosx-10.5-x86_64.egg/SimpleITK/_SimpleITK.so,
2): Library not loaded: libjpeg.8.dylib

  Referenced from:
/Users/dagarshali/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/SimpleITK-0.8.0.post29-py2.7-macosx-10.5-x86_64.egg/SimpleITK/_SimpleITK.so

  Reason: image not found

I am guessing that's a progress from where I was. Any ideas to fix this one?

Vishwa