[ITK-users] LabelGeometryImageFilter: empty output of GetOrientedLabelImage and GetOrientedIntensityImage

Thomas Seidel seidel at cvrti.utah.edu
Sun Apr 5 13:09:41 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I am using the itkLabelGeometryImageFilter to get information about the
orientation of labeled objects.
I provide a LabelImage and a IntensityImage.
I set CalculateOrientedLabelRegionsOn() and
CalculateOrientedIntensityRegionsOn().

However, when I use
writer->SetInput(filter->GetOrientedLabelImage());
writer->Update();
or
writer->SetInput(filter->GetOrientedIntensityImage());
writer->Update();

it just generates empty images (all values 0) with the size of the oriented
bounding box.

Is this how the filter is supposed to work?? I was expecting the rotated
labels and the rotated region of the intensity image defined by the oriented
bounding box, respectively.

Thanks,
Thomas