[ITK-users] python for AnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Tue Apr 7 15:10:18 EDT 2015

Hi Eduardo,

The itk.AnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter is a base class that is not
intended to be instantiated. As you have observed, it returns an
'itkObject *' type when we attempt to use .New() in Python. Other ways
to confirm this are to look for the New() method in its Doxygen page
[1], or for the 'itkNewMacro' in its header file [2]. To get an
instance of this class, create one of its derived classes instead.
See the Doxygen inheritance diagram [1] for one of the four options.

HTH,
Matt

[1] http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1AnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter.html

[2] http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/itkAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter_8h_source.html