[ITK-users] Too many label objects detected when only 3

Francisco Lopez de la Franca franciscolopezdelafranca at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 08:32:39 EDT 2015

Hi all.
I've just tested itk::BinaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter with an B/W image
(see attachment) containing only 3 object.

I call the following methods:

> binaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter->ComputePerimeterOn();
> binaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter->SetInputForegroundValue(255);
> binaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter->SetOutputBackgroundValue(0);
> binaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter->Update();

> LabelMapType::Pointer labelMap =
binaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter->GetOutput();

> int nrOfLabelObjects = labelMap->GetNumberOfLabelObjects();

When I display the number of of label objects, the result is 246.

Does anybody know why this behaviour?

Thanks a lot.
My best regards.