[ITK-users] Too many label objects detected when only 3

Girish Mallya Udupi indianzeppelin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 12:07:47 EDT 2015

That's correct.

Apart from looking at the number of label objects to confirm the
correctness of the labeling, it is also usually useful to convert the label
map to a label image and display/save that image (especially when the input
binary image is not coming from an internal binarization process).

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 3:11 PM, Chr. Rossmanith <
cr at neuro.ma.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> your image isn't a true binary image but has some gray values close to 0
> (black) and some gray values close to 255 (white). I've converted it to a
> pure black-white PNG and now three regions should be detected. I guess JPG
> does some anti aliasing which introduces the additional grey values.
>
> Christina Rossmanith
>

> On 10.04.2015 14:32, Francisco Lopez de la Franca wrote:
>
>    Hi all.
>  I've just tested itk::BinaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter with an B/W image
> (see attachment) containing only 3 object.
>
> I call the following methods:
>
> > binaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter->ComputePerimeterOn();
> > binaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter->SetInputForegroundValue(255);
> > binaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter->SetOutputBackgroundValue(0);
> > binaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter->Update();
>
> > LabelMapType::Pointer labelMap =
> binaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter->GetOutput();
>
> > int nrOfLabelObjects = labelMap->GetNumberOfLabelObjects();
>
>  When I display the number of of label objects, the result is 246.
>
>  Does anybody know why this behaviour?
>
>  Thanks a lot.
>  My best regards.

> Visit other Kitware open-source projects athttp://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html