[ITK-users] why can the itkStatisticsImageFilter not stream?

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Apr 17 07:14:42 EDT 2015

Hello fellow mailing list member,

Currently in ITK there are two base classes for streaming images in ITK. The ImageToImageFilter provide the framework of streaming one input region to one output region. The other is the StreamingImageFilter which provides the framework to stream multiple image regions and merge them together into a single output image. This StatisticsImageFilter needs a framework which consumes multiple input image regions and reduces the data produced. I happen to have implemented such a framework here [1]. It currently has the LabelStatisticsImageFilter implemented in a streaming fashion.

Let me give it a try and see how quickly I can get the StatisticsImageFilter in this framework. Help writing tests would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad

[1] https://github.com/blowekamp/itkStreamingSinc