[ITK-users] Pixel operations on subsets of label objects

Pol Monsó Purtí lluna.nova at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 08:23:50 EDT 2015

If I understood correctly, you have uniform greyscale blobs whose value
matters and you want to extract one slice from each blob to do something
with them, right?

It wasn't clear to me wether each blob had an uniform greyscale value or if
instead you have 'islands' on the image with various greyscale data in
them.

In the first case, I don't know if there's a way to run
connectedComponentsFilter so that it doesn't change the objects labels.

>From the top of my head:

In the first case, you could threshold the image to the greyscale value to
get the blob you want.

In the second case, you could binarize the image, run connected components,
select the one you want and then use the maskImageFilter on the original
volume to isolate one object. Then use ExtractimageFilter to extract a 2d
slice of the isolated blob and do the operations you want. If you want to
assemble it back, use the RegionOfInterest instead, I guess.

>From the top of my head, probably not the best,
Pol