[ITK-users] Buffered region of size [0, 0, 0]

Bastian A. bastianra at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 15:45:35 EDT 2015

Hi,

I am trying to multiply two images in a loop. Calling Print() on the inputs
of the MultiplyImageFilter seems to indicate that they have the
same LargestPossible, Buffered and Requested regions.
However, calling UpdateLargestPossibleRegion on the MultiplyImageFilter
will result in the failed assertion during the first iteration:

Assertion `Region ImageRegion (0x7fff777f5b80)
  Dimension: 3
  Index: [-95, -171, -52]
  Size: [188, 675, 10]
 is outside of buffered region ImageRegion (0xdec558)
  Dimension: 3
  Index: [0, 0, 0]
  Size: [0, 0, 0]
' failed.

I am completely lost here, why would the buffered region be of size [0, 0,
0]?
My assuption was that AllocateOutputs() in the filter I am calling would
take care of setting the requested region; both inputs seem to have the
correct regions set.

Any pointers on how to debug this issue would be great.

Thanks,
Bastian