[ITK-users] OutputFilter vs InputFilter in ObjectByObjectLabelMapFilter

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 06:50:28 EDT 2015

Hi Arnaud,

The output filter is there to be able to apply a pipeline to each object,
instead of just a single filter.
When applying a single filter, the input and output filters are the same
filter.
When applying a pipeline, the input and output filters are not the same
filters, maybe not even the same type. It is the responsibility of the user
to connect the pipeline properly - this is why the output of the input
filter is never used.

HTH,

Gaëtan