[ITK-users] Registration taking longer to start in 4.7.1?

Matias Montroull matimontg at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 09:44:49 EDT 2015

Disregard my message... For some reason, in this new version of ITK, if I
use the *NormalizeImageFilter*, tehn the images end up not overlapping.

Any clue what changed on that filter?

This is the code I had to remove:

typedef itk::NormalizeImageFilter<FixedImageType, InternalImageType>
NormalizeFilterType;
NormalizeFilterType::Pointer fixedNormalizer = NormalizeFilterType::New();
NormalizeFilterType::Pointer movingNormalizer = NormalizeFilterType::New();

fixedNormalizer->SetInput(fixedImageReader->GetOutput());
movingNormalizer->SetInput(movingImageReader->GetOutput());

typedef itk::DiscreteGaussianImageFilter<InternalImageType,
InternalImageType> GaussianFilterType;

GaussianFilterType::Pointer fixedSmoother = GaussianFilterType::New();
GaussianFilterType::Pointer movingSmoother = GaussianFilterType::New();

fixedSmoother->SetVariance(2.0);
movingSmoother->SetVariance(2.0);

fixedSmoother->SetInput(fixedNormalizer->GetOutput());
movingSmoother->SetInput(movingNormalizer->GetOutput());

registration->SetFixedImage(fixedSmoother->GetOutput());
registration->SetMovingImage(movingSmoother->GetOutput());

Thanks,

Matias.