[ITK-users] Generating a warping field with ThinPlateSplineKernelTransform

Olivier Comtois olivier.comtois at polymtl.ca
Mon Aug 3 17:30:13 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I am trying to use ThinPlateSplineKernelTransform in order to produce
a warping field. I am closely following the example in
Examples/RegistrationITKv4/ThinPlateSplineWarp.cxx however, the field
and image outputted this way is completely wrong.

I am trying to straighten a set of point (the spinal cord). I have a
source set of points which is a set of points alongside of the spinal
cord and a corresponding set of points which is a set of points taken
from a straightened spinal cord.These points are landmarks on the
image. The problem is the output image is still curved and not
anywhere close the target landmarks.

Thank you in advance,

Olivier