[ITK-users] SimpleITK: Pass Image from C++ to Python

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Aug 6 10:37:29 EDT 2015

Hello Klaus,

Sorry for the very delayed response.

I would like to know more about your application requirements.

I have implemented an initial prorotype of a public method in the _SimpleITK Python library which allows conversions from the SWIG PyObject to the SimpleITK Image class. This should allow pulling Image objects created in Python SimpleITK  into a C++ application. A similar method can be created to go the other way too.

I believe this is the interface you need, and just wanted to verify your requirements.

Here is the proof of concept branch:
https://github.com/blowekamp/SimpleITK/commits/AddCXXConvertInterfaceToPythonLibrary

HTH,
Brad