[ITK-users] Unresolved external symbol

Marcos fotosentido at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 17:36:24 EDT 2015

Hi,

I compiled and installed successfully ITK 4.8 and VTK, with Visual Studio
2013 and Qt5.

Now I'm trying to compile a simple Hello World (with the ITK headers and
include dirs in the .pro file in Qt Creator) and I'm getting:

itkgdcmMSFF-4.8.lib(gdcmJPEGLSCodec.obj):-1: error: LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol _JpegLsEncode referenced in function "private: bool
__thiscall gdcm::JPEGLSCodec::CodeFrameIntoBuffer(char *,unsigned
int,unsigned int &,char const *,unsigned int)"
(?CodeFrameIntoBuffer at JPEGLSCodec@gdcm@@AAE_NPADIAAIPBDI at Z)

and similar errores relating all of them itkgdcmMSFF-4.8.lib.

Sometimes it specifies gdcmJPEGLSCodec.obj, sometimes gdcmJPEG2000Codec.obj.

I didn't check Module_ITKOpenJPEG in Cmake configure, but everything was
fine with compilation and installing.

If I omit adding itkgdcmMSFF-4.8.lib, it shows the same errors with
ITKIOGDCM-4.8.lib

I don't understand why is so hard to start using this library. I spend more
time configuring than developing.

Any ideas?

Thank you.