[ITK-users] IterativeClosestPoint2 example: how to get better results

Siavash Khallaghi siavashk at ece.ubc.ca
Thu Aug 13 17:46:40 EDT 2015

ICP is notorious for its small capture range and suesceptibility to
noise/local minima. This is why soft correspondence schemes to point cloud
registration have been developed that generally have a larger capture range
(e.g. see  CPD <http://arxiv.org/pdf/0905.2635.pdf>   and  GMM-FEM
<http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TMI.2015.2440253>  ). It could be that the code
is fine, but ICP fails to converge to the true solution.

Siavash

D'Isidoro  Fabio wrote