[ITK-users] Do any of the mesh file formats store CellData?

DVigneault davis.vigneault at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 12:33:45 EDT 2015

All--

After a few more iterations, I realized that I only had the problem when I
used itk::RegularSphereMeshSource, and not when I created the mesh
procedurally.  A bit more googling lead to an old ITK thread [1] which
mentioned DisconnectPipeline().  Calling this method on the mesh before
writing to file prevented the point and cell data from being deallocated,
and solved the problem.  I've updated the ITK Wiki example [2] to be a
generic (hopefully useful) example demonstrating how to use point and cell
data containers and write to file.

Thanks again, and apologies for any trouble,

--Davis

[1]
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2002-October/001368.html
[2] http://itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Meshes/PointAndCellData