[ITK-users] Installing ITK into Eclipse/PyDev

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Thu Aug 27 13:51:52 EDT 2015

Hi Barry,

ITK uses lazy loading of its modules so that 'import itk' does not
cause all of the modules to be loaded.  This improves start time, but
it may interfere with Eclipse/PyDev's inspection. Maybe if the IDE's
Python initialization code called something like:

def load_itk():
    try import itk:
        from itk import *
    except ImportError:
        pass

load_itk()

the references it is seeking will be found.

HTH,
Matt