[ITK-users] Export specific frame/slice of multiframe dicom file: ExtractSliceImageFilter?

Marcos fotosentido at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 15:54:58 EDT 2015

Hi,

I have an itk:Image<unsigned short, 3> so I can see the different
slices/frames on an QVTKWidget.

I can export the frame I'm viewing to an JPG with vtkJPEGWriter() but it
uses the windowrenderer and the output depends on the size of the widget.

So I think it would be better to export the original. I'm using
itk:ImageFileWriter, but I can't find how to specify the frame I want, so
it gives an error saying my image has 3 dimensions and it can't export to
2D dimensions.

I found itk::ExtractSliceImageFilter, but I can't find examples. I don't
understand how to apply it to this case, can't find how to tell it "your
output is the n frame".

Is that the class I need? Any hints using it?