[ITK-users] Question

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 11:40:23 EST 2015

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 10:47 AM, suneeza hanif <suneezahanif02 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Dženan,
>
> Thanks a lot for your help. :)
>
> I have one more question. When I applied spatial mask I got this warning
> and registration was not performed.
>

> *" WARNING: In ..\....\itkObjectToObjectMetric.hxx, line
> 529MeanSquaresImageToImageMetricv4 (00FDCC00): No valid points were found
> during metric evaluation. For image metrics, verify that the images overlap
> appropriately. For instance, you can align the image centers by
> translation. For point-set metrics, verify that the fixed points, once
> transformed into the virtual domain space, actually lie within the virtual
> domain."*

​You need to give initial transform which transforms the moving image so
there is some overlap.​

​Mathematical formulation: l
​Local optimization methods need a to have a starting point which is inside
the domain of the cost function. ​
​Take a look at this example
<http://www.itk.org/Doxygen46/html/RegistrationITKv4_2ImageRegistration12_8cxx-example.html>,
​which is also included with ITK's source code.

> For spatial mask is it necessary that both mask and image have same number
> of bits?

​It is not necessary.​

> Regards,
> Suneeza