[ITK-users] problem with 3d region growing

samah bouzidi samah.bouzidi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 16:59:45 EST 2015

hi,

thank you Matt McCormick for your reply.
I* finally fixed "The Problem"*.

// the code

#include "itkConnectedThresholdImageFilter.h"
#include "itkImage.h"
#include "itkImageFileReader.h"
#include "itkImageFileWriter.h"
#include "itkSliceBySliceImageFilter.h"

int main( int argc, char *argv[])
{
  typedef   signed short         InternalPixelType;
  typedef   unsigned char        OutputPixelType;
  const     unsigned int         Dimension = 3;
  const     unsigned int         sliceDim =2;
  typedef itk::Image< InternalPixelType, Dimension > InternalImageType; //
input
  typedef itk::Image< InternalPixelType, sliceDim > sliceType; // input
  typedef itk::Image< OutputPixelType, Dimension > OutputImageType; //output

  typedef  itk::ImageFileReader< InternalImageType > ReaderType;
  typedef  itk::ImageFileWriter<  OutputImageType  > WriterType;

  WriterType::Pointer writer = WriterType::New();

 reader->SetFileName( "/home/doctorant/Téléchargements/Images/in.img" );
 writer->SetFileName( "/home/doctorant/Téléchargements/Images/out.img");

  typedef itk::SliceBySliceImageFilter< InternalImageType,OutputImageType>
SliceBySliceFilterType;

  SliceBySliceFilterType::Pointer sliceBySliceFilter =
SliceBySliceFilterType::New();

  typedef itk::ConnectedThresholdImageFilter<
SliceBySliceFilterType::InternalInputImageType,
          SliceBySliceFilterType::InternalOutputImageType >
ConnectedFilterType;
  ConnectedFilterType::Pointer connectedThreshold
=ConnectedFilterType::New();

  SliceBySliceFilterType::InternalInputImageType::InternalPixelType
lowerThreshold =  -1100;
  SliceBySliceFilterType::InternalInputImageType::InternalPixelType
upperThreshold = -600;
  SliceBySliceFilterType::InternalOutputImageType::InternalPixelType x =
255;
  connectedThreshold->SetLower(lowerThreshold);
  connectedThreshold->SetUpper(  upperThreshold  );
  connectedThreshold->SetReplaceValue( x );
  // 250, 239
  SliceBySliceFilterType::InternalInputImageType::IndexType  index;
    index[0] = 252;
    index[1] = 275;
  connectedThreshold->SetSeed(index);

  sliceBySliceFilter -> SetInput(reader->GetOutput());
  sliceBySliceFilter->SetFilter(connectedThreshold);
  writer->SetInput( sliceBySliceFilter->GetOutput());
  try
    {
    writer->Update();
    }
  catch( itk::ExceptionObject & excep )
    {
    std::cerr << "Exception caught !" << std::endl;
    std::cerr << excep << std::endl;
    }

  return 0;
}