[ITK-users] Problem in installing ITK

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Tue Feb 10 09:02:46 EST 2015

Hi Gunjan,
the order of the flags is not an important issue; it is their value which
matters.

As for some of the ones you are posting,
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS: you may want to use static libraries (OFF) instead of
dynamic libraries.
BUILD_TESTING: turning the testing OFF will create a lighter project and
may have great impact in saving compilation time, you may want to turn
BUILD_EXAMPLES: turning the examples ON may be useful if you are a newbie.
But turning them off does not hurt.
ITKV3_COMPATIBILITY: depending on your purposes, you may need to turn it on.
ITK_USE_REVIEW: this is an interesting option if you want to use filters
that are still under review process/published in the IJ [1], and not yet
integrated into the Modules.
BUILD_DOXYGEN: it is just about generating doxygen documentation files. ITK
is well documented in the Web [2], so it's not necessary.

Although, I'm not an expert in building ITK in a Unix OS, in theory, once
you set your binary directory (there where your makefiles will be
generated), you shouldn't need to set any other path.

You may not be seeing all flags if you don't turn the Advanced flag to ON
(CMake GUI at least).

HTH,
JON HAITZ

[1] http://www.insight-journal.org/