[ITK-users] [ANNOUNCE] SimpleITK 0.9 REGISTRATION beta 1 release

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Feb 19 11:08:22 EST 2015

We are pleased to announce the SimpleITK 0.9 beta 1!

NOW WITH REGISTRATION

We encourage the community to use and test this registration interface and to provide feedback on the design and features.

This beta features the ImageRegistrationMethod which brings a SimpleITK style interface to the modular ITKv4 registration framework. This adds support for a variety of transforms including affine, b-spline, and deformation fields. The metrics supported include correlation, means squares, ANTS neighborhood correlation, and mutual information. A variety of optimizers are available along with scales estimators for the optimized transformation parameters and built in multi-scale registration support. http://www.itk.org/SimpleITKDoxygen/html/classitk_1_1simple_1_1ImageRegistrationMethod.html

Additionally, a number of registration filters have been added: DemonsRegistrationFilter, DiffeomorphicDemonsRegistrationFilter, FastSymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFilter, LevelSetMotionRegistrationFilter and SymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFilter.
Several examples can be found in the examples directory to help you get started. These examples include Affine registration, BSpline, Demons and Displacement fields. http://www.itk.org/SimpleITKDoxygen/html/examples.html

We have also added the following filters: AdditiveGaussianNoiseImageFilter, AggregateLabelMapFilter, BinaryImageToLabelMapFilter, ChangeLabelLabelMapFilter, CollidingFrontsImageFilter, DisplacementFieldJacobianDeterminantFilter, FastMarchingBaseImageFilter, FastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter, InverseDisplacementFieldImageFilter, InvertDisplacementFieldImageFilter, LabelImageToLabelMapFilter, LabelShapeStatisticsImageFilter, LabelStatisticsImageFilter, LabelUniqueLabelMapFilter, MergeLabelMapFilter, RelabelLabelMapFilter, SaltAndPepperNoiseImageFilter, ShotNoiseImageFilter, SpeckleNoiseImageFilter and TransformToDisplacementFieldFilter

Note: We have run into a limitation with Visual Studio that prevents successful building and packaging for Windows 64. This will be addressed before the final release. Please try the 32-bit Windows version for smaller images.

Before the final release we will work on improving testing, adding more examples and documentation, and fixing bugs. We believe the beta is feature complete for doing registration work, but are open to critical features reported from the community.

You will need to manually download the beta binaries, then explicitly install the downloaded beta file.

Information on how to get started and download the binaries: http://www.itk.org/Wiki/SimpleITK/GettingStarted#Binaries

Binary distributions for many platforms and languages are available for downloading: https://sourceforge.net/projects/simpleitk/files/SimpleITK/0.9b01/

Nightly Doxygen Documentation: http://www.itk.org/SimpleITKDoxygen/html/index.html

Additional Release Notes: http://www.itk.org/Wiki/SimpleITK/ReleaseNotes#Beta_1_Announcement