[ITK-users] Undefined references to methods of template classes

Francisco Lopez de la Franca franciscolopezdelafranca at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 14:59:49 EST 2015

Hi.
I' like to create a library containing, for example, one template class
with a number of methods.
I've programmed a simple example and the compilation and generation of the
library goes fine. I use the cmake "add_library" command for generating the
library.

The problem arises at the moment of testing the library. I get an undefined
reference for every method in the template class.

I've downloaded a tool to look in the contents (functions) of dynamic
libraries, and there is no function in the library. If I add another class
(not a template class), then, this tool shows me only the functions in this
latter class.

Has anyone ever come across with this problem?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Regards
/Francisco