[ITK-users] extending label object's line iterator / cpp question

mathew mathias.richter at informatik.uni-luebeck.de
Mon Jan 12 04:36:29 EST 2015

Dear ITK users,

Currently, I am working with the LabelObject class and its iterators (i.e.
the line iterator).
I have noticed that I can only advance the iterator by one. Unfortunately I
want to step to any element in one step.

I thought of deriving a subclass (ExtIterLabelObject) of the LabelObject,
which lacks on loosing access on the private stuff of the LabelObject.

The only way I see is defining a new ExtIterLabelObject class, which
inherits from the LightObject and replaces the given LabelObject
implementation.

Since this is very ugly, I want to ask if there is a better way to extend
the functionality of the LineIterator, so that I can increase the iterator
by an arbitrary (valid) step.

Thanks for your help.