[ITK-users] [Paraview] compile itk (VTKGlue ON) with vtk from paraview

Dr. Roman Grothausmann grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Fri Jan 23 04:20:29 EST 2015

On 22/01/15 11:21, Dr. Roman Grothausmann wrote:
> Adding the abs. file locations to the build command does not help nor does
> -L/opt/paraview-4.3.1_git/lib/paraview-4.3/

I figured that the vtk dynamic libraries of PV have the ending *-pv4.3.so which
seems to be the reason why the linker does not find them. If I create symbolic
links to these files without the extension:

cd /opt/compilation/paraview-git_build/lib/
for i in *-pv*.so; do ln -s $i ${i%-pv*}.so; done

and adding -L/opt/compilation/paraview-git_build/lib/ to CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS
the compilation of ITK succeeds.

I wonder, is that the way it's meant to be done?

--
Dr. Roman Grothausmann

Tomographie und Digitale Bildverarbeitung
Tomography and Digital Image Analysis

Institut für Funktionelle und Angewandte Anatomie, OE 4120
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1
D-30625 Hannover

Tel. +49 511 532-9574