[ITK-users] FastMarching UpwindGradient Filters difference

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jan 23 08:31:47 EST 2015

Arnaud,

Thanks for the info on this.

I am looked through the code in the FastMarchingImageFilterBase [1], it looks like its using std::vector a surprising number of times, and that it is getting re-allocated very frequently. Some cases look like they should be stack allocated templated array. Do you know why this class is this way? This may be the reason why it's so slow in debug mode, i.e. too much dynamic allocation on a per-pixel basis.

Brad

[1] https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/blob/master/Modules/Filtering/FastMarching/include/itkFastMarchingImageFilterBase.hxx