[ITK-users] Visual Studio 2010 Express autocomplete IntelliSense not working with ITK 4.8.0

Michael Pinkert mpinkert at wisc.edu
Fri Jan 23 14:36:21 EST 2015

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my install of ITK from 4.5 to 4.8, but it seems to have
broken IntelliSense in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.

The editor will not autocomplete functions anymore or give a list of
options, making it much more cumbersome to write code.  Normally it will
give a list of options after :: or -> commands, but now I simply get the
error:

IntelliSense: 'No additional information available' (See Troubleshooting
IntelliSense in C++ Projects' for further help)

I am still given a list of included .h files when I use #include, and I can
also right click on declared types to go to the appropriate header files,
but it does not autocomplete otherwise, so the program is locating the files
correctly.

The faq page of "Troubleshooting IntelliSense in C++ projects" has not been
helpful.

Does anyone have experience with a bug like this?

Best regards,
Michael Pinkert