[ITK-users] Trouble compiling ITK 4.8.0 on Visual Studio 2013/12.0

Michael Pinkert mpinkert at wisc.edu
Tue Jan 27 10:43:26 EST 2015

Hi Matt,

I managed to get ITK built by building to a new folder, but I still do not
understand how I am supposed to clear the build tree, as I doubt that is the
correct solution.  I have googled the term, but I have not found anything
that would indicate how I would delete the build tree, if clearing the cache
and deleting the build folder do not count.

I am still having more errors after trying to build it.  The first is an
error in the compiler:

command-line error: invalid macro definition:
..../ITK/CMakeFiles/vtkRenderingCore_AUTOINIT_vtkInteractionStyle_vtkRenderingFreeType_vtkRenderingOpenGL.h"

The next is related, in that I am still having trouble with the IntelliSense
autocomplete not functioning in any of my projects, which was my purpose in
updating visual studio.  Do you have any experience with these additional
errors?  I believe the first error may be related to IntelliSense, due to a
quick google turning up that error in relation to it, but nothing I've found
has told me how to solve it.

Best regards,
Michael Pinkert

Matt McCormick-2 wrote