[ITK-users] Problem with itkImageToVTKImageFilter

SiavashK siavashk at ece.ubc.ca
Thu Jul 9 15:26:07 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am having a bit of issue with itkImageToVTKImageFilter. My goal is simple,
I would like to convert an ITK image to a VTK image in order to display it
in a QVTKWidget. To this end, I have created an instance
itkImageToVTKImageFilter, to which I feed my ITK Image.

The issue is that the size/spacing of my images change depending on the
state of my GUI. As I have read through the mailing list, this is typically
handled by calling UpdateLargestPossibleRegion() instead of Update() on the
filter (for example see  this
<http://www.itk.org/ITKExamples/src/Core/Common/ReRunPipelineWithChangingLargestPossibleRegion/Documentation.html>
).

My issue is that calling UpdateLargestPossibleRegion() does not seem to
produce any output.

I have attached a small working example to illustrate this. I would be happy
if anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong, or if there is a bug in this
filter.

Usage is:
>> imageToVTKImageTest.exe 1.png 2.png

CMakeLists.txt