[ITK-users] 3D/2D registration with itkRayCastInterpolateImageFunction

Charles GARRAUD Charles.GARRAUD at b-com.com
Fri Jul 31 08:31:00 EDT 2015

Hi everybody,

I would like to develop a quick proof of concept based on ITK for 3D/2D registration.
As a first step, I retrieved ITK example IntensityBased2D3DRegistration available at https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITKApps/tree/master/IntensityBased2D3DRegistration .

My configuration is:

-        OS: Windows 7 64 bits

-        ITK 4.6.1

-        Visual 2013

I had a few problem at runtime due to accessing vector element out of range (vector::reserve problem). Then I managed to have everything up running.
I just followed the example in the README with the same data:

./GenerateProjection  -t -100 -100 -100 /data/BrainWeb/brainweb165a10f17.mha projection.mhd

./IntensityBased2D3DRegistration -t -100 -100 -100 projection.mhd /data/BrainWeb/brainweb165a10f17.mha -o result.mhd

And the resulting DRR result.mhd does not match the generated one projection.mhd. We can see that registration convergence result displays not null parameters for
euler rotation angles. It seems strange to me...

Do you have any advice?

Thanks a lot,

Cg