[ITK-users] [ITK] MHA Compression lossless or lossy?

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jun 5 07:19:47 EDT 2015

Arnaud,

Where did you go to look for this information? That should be a good guide to there it should be.

I'd think it would be in the MetaImageIO class doxygen documentation [1] and on the wiki [2].

Brad

[1] http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MetaImageIO.html
[2] http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/MetaIO/Documentation

On Jun 5, 2015, at 2:28 AM, Arnaud Gelas <arnaudgelas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks! I could not find anything about it in ITK documentation, nor in the related wiki page…
>
> What would be the right place to add such information?
>
> Arnaud
>
>> On 02 Jun 2015, at 14:25, Bradley Lowekamp <blowekamp at mail.nih.gov> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Arnaud,
>>
>> The MetaIO library just uses zlib which is lossless.
>>
>> Brad
>>
>> On Jun 2, 2015, at 8:16 AM, Arnaud Gelas <arnaudgelas at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I would like to know if the compression method used when turning on UseCompression in MetaImageIO is a lossless method? or a lossy one?
>>>
>>> Thank you very much!!!
>>>
>>> Best
>>> Arnaud