[ITK-users] itkConnectedThresholdImageFilter does not support Progress?

zagwin zagwin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 12:47:39 EDT 2015

Thank Brad,

Thanks for your informative experiments.

2> Yes, when I increased the radius of the neighborhood (such as setting
radius as 50 for 512*512 2D grey-level image), FastRankFilter will win.
However, usually, I will only need to smooth in a small neighbor in 2D or 3D
grey-level image. I think FastRankFilter will be useful when radius is big,
or in high-dimension data.

3>You are right, my region is small compared to the whole data (However, it
is bigger than 1%, I calculated it, around 5%). I changed parameters to
region growing the "background" which occupied most parts of the image, it
did report the progress. I will try to see if I can figure out a walk-around
way to do it.

4>Thanks for the links and your experiments, I will read them to compare.
and choose the right one for my specific application.

Weldon