[ITK-users] [ITK] Mattes Mutual Information Speed with 3D Images

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Mar 10 08:59:24 EDT 2015

Hello,

Unfortunately, I can help much because of lack of information.

I can tell you I just wrote SimpleITK registration code which uses Mattes Mutual Information, Versor Rigid Transform, with a Regular Step Gradient Descent optimizer . The sampling percentage for the metric is 0.2, and the volumes are about 60^3 each. This is able to do the registration in about 8 iterations in 0.3 seconds.

Brad