[ITK-users] Splitting and repasting a volume with overlap

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Mon Mar 16 11:05:30 EDT 2015

Hi Pol,

As a side note, limitation of memory usage is built into the streaming
pipeline design of ITK.  All computation of appropriate regions should
occur if the filters are implemented correctly.  To take advantage of
streaming, place the StreamingImageFilter [1] at the end of your
pipeline. To use less memory, set the ReleaseDataFlagOn() [2] on the
component filters.

HTH,
Matt

[1] http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1StreamingImageFilter.html