[ITK-users] Error while reading Unknown Image Information

scap3y scapegoat.sarthak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 09:14:34 EDT 2015

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply.

I am checking for a null pointer like this:

*if ( imageIO )
{
  imageIO->SetFileName(argv[3]);
  imageIO->ReadImageInformation();
}
else
{
  std::cout <<"Could not read the input image information from '" << argv[3]
<< "'\n";
} *

And it is going into the "else" loop after the CreateImageIO step. What I am
not able to understand is that why is this the case. Does CreateImageIO have
restrictions? If so, what are they? I have tried reading 2D images in JPG,
PNG, DCM, NII formats and 3D images in DCM and NII formats. It fails in all
of them.

Best,
Sarthak

Matt McCormick-2 wrote