[ITK-users] ITK dicom reader wrong spacing

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Thu Mar 26 08:47:13 EDT 2015

Hi Aiert,

VolView uses a different, custom method for loading DICOM series than
ITK-SNAP and Slicer.

Spacing in DICOM is tricky -- spacing and spacing-like information is
specified in many different tags. To find the tag that you are looking
for gdcmdump and similar tools can be used to inspect the tags.

HTH,
Matt