[ITK-users] setting big spherical neighborhoods to center voxel value

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 17:02:54 EDT 2015

This isn't a complete solution, but might give you some ideas.

The part about using the skeleton points, which are distance transform
voxels, as the source for the radius, can be implemented using spatially
variant morphology. I have a short publication about doing this efficiently
with parabolic functions. However this doesn't propagate the voxel value,
only producing a mask. I have thought about combining with label dilation,
to propagate a label value, but haven't done it yet.

A queue based approach to something similar is discussed in:
"Labelled reconstruction of binary objects: a vector propagation
algorithm", buckley and lagerstrom