[ITK-users] How to Calculate Hessian Matrix from Gradient Image?

Thomas Seidel seidel at cvrti.utah.edu
Fri Mar 27 10:16:12 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I would like to calculate the hessian matrix and get an output of type
SymmetricSecondRankTensor pixel from a gradient image.

The irk HessianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter uses as input an intensity
image.
However, I would like to implement a method for vessel detection based on
the following algorithm:

1. GradientImageFilter
2. GradientVectorFlowImageFilter
3. get the hessian Matrix from 2. (this is my problem)
4. Hessian3DToVesselnessImageFilter

How can I get from the vector field in 2. to the hessian matrix I need for
3.?

Thanks for your help,
Thomas