[ITK-users] Extract points from BinaryContourImageFilter

gruizz ruiz1.gabriel at gmail.com
Sat May 9 19:54:57 EDT 2015

Hello,

I use BinaryContourImageFilter and it works great, but I want to be able to
extract the points in the contour(s) it finds.

For the time being, I have to iterate through the output of the filter and
find the pixels that are in the foreground (the contour) in order to get the
pixel coordinates.

Here's a sample of what I am currently doing:

binaryContourImageFilterType::Pointer binaryContourFilter
			= binaryContourImageFilterType::New();
		binaryContourFilter->SetInput(someFilter->GetOutput());
		binaryContourFilter->Update();

		ImageType::Pointer im = binaryContourFilter->GetOutput();
		ImageType::RegionType region = im->GetBufferedRegion();

		ImageType::SizeType size = region.GetSize();

		itk::ImageRegionConstIterator<ImageType> it(im, region);

		it.GoToBegin();

		for (scroll through the region vertically ++)
		{
			for (scroll through the region horizontally ++)
			{
				if (it.Get() == 255)
				{
						points.append( this point(x,y) );
				}
				++it;
			}
		}
//where points is a vector i used to store the points of the contour

So, is there a way to get these points directly from
BinaryContourImageFilter?

Thank you for your time!