[ITK-users] image spacing and structuring element sizes

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Fri Nov 20 11:15:31 EST 2015

Dear Jp,

Since the operations occur pixel-wise, the sizes are given in pixels
that do not take into account image spacing.  However, the size can be
specified differently in each direction.  More details can be found in
the FlatStructuringElement documentation. [1].

HTH,
Matt

[1] http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1FlatStructuringElement.html