[ITK-users] reconstruction 3d (PSEUDO CT) volume from two or more 2d projection images

vis itkhelpacc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 07:48:52 EST 2015

hi,
Im working on project regarding 2d/3d registration.. I came across many
papers in ITK that help to achieve this as in [1]... have two questions

(A) these frameworks are designed for ITKv3 but im using  ITKv4( i have
already used ITKv4 for developing various parts of my application) Is it
possible to integrate [1] with my application? if yes can u please guide me
who to do so?

(B) while doing my literature survey i came across papers like [2],
[3],[4]... wherein they use two projection images (one from lateral and one
from AP) to reconstruct a pseudo 3d ct volume.. it is obvious that the
pseudo ct generated wouldnt have the information present in actual ct.. but
even if i could get the outline of the 3d ct volume would help me alot..(i
Plan on performing 3d/3d registration of pre-op CT with pseudo ct obtained
now) could anyone please help me out with this problem?

Regards
Vishal

[1]http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/800
[2]http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0031-9155/56/4/010/pdf
[3]http://www.researchgate.net/publication/268302050_3D_Skull_Warping_from_2D_X-Ray_Lateral_and_PA_Images
[4]A review of 3D/2D registration methods for image-guided interventions P.
Markelj
[5] 3D reconstruction of the human rib cage from 2D projection
images using a statistical shape model DOI 10.1007/s11548-009-0390-2