[ITK-users] SplineOrder, control points and MeshSize of Bspline registration

varasteh varasteh at to.infn.it
Wed Oct 7 05:33:44 EDT 2015

Hello everybody.

1. Having looked at figures in section “BSpline Grid Size” of following
link:

http://slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/FAQ#What.27s_the_BSpline_Grid_Size.3F

A bit unlike with what this link is explaining, to distinguish between the
B-spline mesh and the B-spline control point grid, is it correct to state
that this picture is for a case with:
SplineOrder (border control points with deformation equal to Zero) = 2 ( 1
lower, 1 upper )
GridNode = 5x5x5
MeshSize (internal control points) = 3x3x3 (GridNode -  SplineOrder)
Or I misunderstood the definition of SplineOrder, GridNode and MeshSize?

2. The first Node (after lower spline order) is located at
“TransformDomainOrigin”. To find the coordinates of other Nodes of uniform
grid I need to have the spacing of Nodes. Since there isn’t Get* method for
spacing in the version which I am using, is it correct to divide the
“distance between first and last pixels of Mesh” by “MeshSize” to get the
Nodes spacing?

Thanks for any guidance,
                   varasteh