[ITK-users] [ITK] Exception caught during extracting a volume, "Requested region is (at least partially) outside the largest possible region"

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Oct 8 12:30:29 EDT 2015

Hello,

What you need to look at is the "BufferedRegion". I also describe as InPlace as "stealing" the input's buffer. To add to the complexity, the ExtractImageFilter does not always run InPlace when the options is set. It depends to what the input's buffered region in, and that depends on if the filter that generates the input can stream it's requested region. The fact that you are getting this in the 2nd, or 3rd indicate that there are some funny pipeline behaviors happening with inputs and buffers. You likely want to disconnect the pipeline as some point, and take care not to modify that results with subsequent operations.

HTH,
Brad