[ITK-users] ITK emscripten compilation

Juan Carlos Prieto juanprietob at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 14:30:43 EDT 2015

Dear all,

I have build ITK as described in post 912
http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/912

However, I did not use ninja and I added the flag -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE=1,
i.e.,

flags=' -Wno-warn-absolute-paths --memory-init-file 0 -s
DISABLE_EXCEPTION_CATCHING=0 -s ALLOW_MEMORY_GROWTH=1
-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE=1'

cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=${CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE} \
  "-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=$flags" "-DCMAKE_C_FLAGS=$flags" \
  -DBUILD_EXAMPLES=OFF \

    ../ITK

make

This flag is needed to avoid the error while compiling itkhdf5:

*/usr/src/ITK/Modules/ThirdParty/HDF5/src/itkhdf5/src/H5FDstdio.c:192:5:
**error: **use of undeclared identifier 'off64_t'*

After I added the flag, the compilation is successful.

Now, I'm trying to build a project using ITK.

The cmake configuration process is similar to ITK, and the compilation
is also successful. The javascript file is generated as expected.

However, the execution produces the following error while on the docker machine:

Could not create IO object for reading file someImage.nrrd
The file doesn't exist.
Filename = someImage.nrrd

The image file is in the same built directory (not a problem of
read-write permissions).

I also tried executing it outside the virtual machine (in Mac OSX)
which gives the following error:

<some path>/ComponentSizeRLE.js:91
      throw ex;
            ^
7015448

I tried to traced the error and there is a problem while reading the
data. How should I proceed on fixing this issue? or is this a known
issue? Are there any size restrictions for the images? In the example
shown in post 912 the images are 2D. Is there any examples using 3D
images?

Any comment or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Prieto